Thursday, April 1, 2010

Whew! Finally!!!

The Short-Term fiasco is finished. Finally made my way through the phone guru's and got our actual "claims attendent" to call us back. She said there's not a problem extending the medical update waiverso we can get the last 2 payments.

Where the heck fire this woman's been the past week is beyind me! Ugh.

So, maybe the rest of this week will be here Monday, then we'll have a final check from today thru the 6th and I'm finished dealing with them because they simply don't give a hoot what we do after that.

A blessing, even if it means no more income.

So far today, we've lowered the ears on the boys and tilled the garden. Made some headway (hee hee...no pun intended...really...) On both accounts. The boys are lessened of hair by what seems like 20 lbs. And the garden actually has some depth to the clay now.

It's a start at least. I can put some things in and give it a go and see what we get this year. Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually have a harvest around here again? Gee...just imagine. It's been a while.

The picture is the last batch of dishcloths in the farm basket. I'm working several designs out of that Big Book of Dishcloths and there are some I just can't get into and don't like. But, I wanted a selection and you just don't know until you work a few patterns what you like.

I need to get back to working today. we're working on mowing -- it needed done as much as the boy's needed haircuts! I need a couple sheep so we can keep the 'yard' down :o). Goats for the timber, rabbits and chickens for the garden compost and sheep for the grass :o). Sounds well-rounded to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the dishcloths! I want to cut the boys hair here too, but they said another few weeks, as we are still getting the occasional chilly day..whimps lol.

Yeah on the garden, hope it works this year for you. I am getting my raised bed in this weekend so I can start preparing it...seedlings will be started in the house until at least Mid-May when the frost goes.

Sheep...that is what we did when I was a kid...never owned a mower. Just let the sheep go, and tied the cows out using those screw in the ground dewhickeys where ever we needed them lol.

Have a blessed weekend!

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive