- If you don't feed the animals properly, then you will receive extra barn duties and will miss meals that day with the family. Repeated offenses will result in reduced meals without the family. (see note at end)
- If you fight with each other (hitting, etc), then you will get 5 minutes doing the military arm lift (see note at end) and do a page of verse copywork
- If you back-talk, argue with parent or each other, speak rudely to one another, then you will stand at the wall with your hand covering your mouth for 5 minutes (10 minutes for repeat offenses) or receive a spoon of vinegar, and do a page of verse copywork
- If you run through the house, then you will march in place 5 (10) minutes
- If you waste time during chores or school work, then you will receive additional chores or school assignments
- If you do not complete your chores or school work, then you will receive additional chores or school assignment, loss of free-time/privilege for day
- If you complain/mumble/whine/poor attitude toward a chore or task, then you will have additional chore added for day, stand at wall with hand covering mouth for 5 (10) minutes, or, depending on severity of attitude, task will be re-assigned. You will repay that re-assignment two-fold. You will also copy the 21 Rules of This House or Our 24 Family Ways.
- If you tattle, then you will lose a privilege for the morning/afternoon, and do a page of bible verses.
- Selfishness, Lying, Stealing, Teasing another -- 30 minute early bedtime, loss of privileges for day, repayment to those offended will be serving them that day, plus verse copywork.
- Sneaking food/snacks -- loss of meal privilege (see note at end), no treats that week.
- If you do not behave properly in church or during devotions, then you will lose a privilege for the day and have a 30 minute early bedtime.
- Poor Manners (not saying Please, Thank You, I'm Sorry, etc) -- writing a page in Blessing Journal and verse copywork (see note at end)
- If you interrupt for a non-emergency, then you will stand at the wall with hand covering your mouth for 5 (10) minutes.
- If you mistreat property/toys, etc then you will lose that item for 1 week and do a page in the Blessing Journal
- If you get out of bed/talk/play after bedtime, then you will get 30 minute early bedtime next evening and lose toy/item you were caught with.
wants a repeat of that punishment...a great deterrent :o)
The Blessing Journal is where they write out a page of at least 10 things they are blessed to have...or in the case of an issue with another, 10 things they admire/like about that person. The younger ones only have to come up with 5 things, and someone else will write them down for them. The lists can not be the same all the time. You have to come up with different things -- the point is it reminds us of some of the good things about someone else, or the blessings we have in our lives that perhaps we take for granted.
I will add in the verses related to these later -- we need to get moving on some chores and school today! Check this entry later -- I've put a link in my welcome on the left sidebar!