Friday, October 2, 2009

When Garbage Trucks Go Bad

I went out with the shovel -- thought they were just stuck like they get *every* Friday.
Imagine my surprise when I saw the shovel wasn't going to do the trick this week :o)

Said 'Waste Removel Engineer' literally SLID sideways on our road, embedding his heavy rear-end into the burm on our side and dropping half my roadway into the so-called ditch on the other.

We've complained a few times about the hillbilly methods of road construction over here, but this one might help us out. There is NO base at all. We are solid, wet/muck gray clay sludge here with a sprinkling of what they call gravel on top of that.

Well...we used to have that. Today all I have are dually ruts my mud boots can't be seen in.

I took several pictures --I'll add some more to this post later this evening -- and even a picture of our glorious MDOT workers pulling the garbage man out with the big monster mowing tractor. I plan to take more when they come to 'fix' the road today.

Yes, they'll be here today. It's basically impossible for anyone without a monster truck jacked about 2 foot off the ground to even attempt to get through.

Might send a few good shots to MDOT too to remind them why they get paid in this county.

No comments:

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive