Friday, August 21, 2009

That Rustic Oatmeal Bread...

OH. MY. YUM YUM.

That recipe I shared yesterday or so (way down at the bottom of the long post...I ramble you know)

That recipe from Mennonite Girls Can Cook for Grandma's Rustic Oatmeal Bread is D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!!!

Of course, mine is still way hot and I probably should have let it set just a bit and cool somewhat...but, I didn't and I grab a hunkin' swath of butter and slathered that little slice but good.

YUM.

Don't know if it will be near as good once totally cooled, but man oh man is it awesome when hot.

I followed the recipe -- *but* I used my coconut oil/shortening, and my oats were old fashioned instead of quick (we don't buy quick oats anymore for anything) and my flour was straight Prairie Gold because that's all I have on the homestead.

Did I say it was REALLY GOOD?!

3 comments:

Lumière et Verité said...

Sounds delicious! And I just bought some pomegranate/raspberry jam today. I'll have to try this! Thanks for sharing :).

-Celine

MyBulletinBoard said...

Tomorrow is definitely baking day!!!

Rose said...

You have encouraged me to bake! Thank you for the great post. God bless, Rose

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive