Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Sewing...

consists of 3 dresses (still needing buttons) and this baby burps bundle.

I pulled out some pretty rose pink sheet felt, and the baby bootie pattern I had stashed (Simplicity #2397...but you can Google loads of free patterns online!). Several of the free patterns only take a fat quarter and maybe some interfacing if you want a little shape. The Simplicity pattern is made from sheet craft felt -- I think they are 9x12. Talk about E-A-S-Y! I bought a pack of 12 colored felt sheets...brights, like a blue, turquois, egg yolk yellow, lime green, purple, etc. Each sheet equals a pair of booties.
Even if not worn, they make a great gift bag tie or gift topper :)

Now to sit for a while without manning the sewing machine. I need a breather!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That set is too cute! Great Job! My daughter and I just found a great deal at JoAnn's...Butterick patterns for 99 cents, so we are going to test out our "new to us" sewing machine in the next week or so:)

Becky said...

Hi, Deanna - I lost your email address, otherwise I would have just emailed you about this.

I can't remember if it was on your blog, or on Facebook, that you shared about a Readers Digest sewing book that you use ..... could you tell me what the name of that book is?

Thanks;
Becky

Becky said...

Hi Deanna - just wanted to let you know that I received the patterns you sent me. ˚Ü˚

I would have let you know on FaceBook, but, I deactivated my account there .... was spending waaaayyyyyyy to much time there and not enough doing the things I needed to be doing around the house.

Oh, btw .... I'm working on getting a sewing area set up so I can leave the machine out. Thanks so much for the encouragement to do that. ˚Ü˚

<>< Becky

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive