Tuesday, June 8, 2010

BlogShare: Homeschooling a Handful Recipes Alfredo Sauce

http://homeschoolingahandfulrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/06/cheap-and-easy-alfredo-sauce.html


Cheap and Easy Alfredo Sauce
Pasta Alfredo - using Cream of Mushroom {CofM} soup as base -

One can CofM
3T butter
1/4C milk
2t dried Italian herbs
2t Lawry's seasoned salt
1/2C store bought shredded Italian Cheese

Over med. low heat; med. sized sauce pan; whisk soup, milk and butter until butter melts. Add seasonings- whisk in cheese. Toss in 3-4 servings hot cooked pasta, I used spaghetti this night. Plate immediately.




Delicious! Our version was equally quick and easy, but a bit more garlicky than I'd want all the time...and a touch rich. The Cimino family back north made incredible alfredo sauce and rich was usually a part of what they reserved for the *family*...others got what poppa Frank considered "watered down for Americans" type Italian fare at his restaurant.

Here's what we did, rich garlic-ness and all:
1/2 cup butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 tsp garlic powder -- I think roasted minced garlic would be way better!
2 cups milk
6 oz grated parmesean cheese -- fresh grated would be incredible...I used Kraft.

Blend and whisk butter, cream cheese and garlic to smooth. Add in milk and parmesean and stir/cook to thicken. It goes quick, so if you get too thick, add a touch more milk.

It was absolutely delicious...I added mushrooms to my plate...that I was continually dipping into the alfredo while I was heating/thickening it! In all honesty, I probably had 2 good portions of dinner :o)
One was while cooking...dang broccoli was just *perfect crisp tender* and calling my name. It would have been rude to ignore it. I kept plucking steamed florets out to safety...and splashing them into the pan of alfredo with a fork.

Don't worry -- I was more dainty and ladylike with the mushrooms. I dipped them gingerly into the pot of alfredo :o)

Then I had a plate of chicken and pasta, with broccoli on the side, and what pitiful remains of mushrooms were left for the table and our actual meal.

No comments:

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive