Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Another test...and weekend happenings here

Ok, how many are still getting my blank blog for some reason? The dessert recipe post seems to be invisible. What about the post on homemade marshmellow fluff?

I don't know what's going on at all. Some can see them, some can't. I can, but I'm looking at them from the "inside" as it were. Ugh. Technology.

This weekend...we had a friend and her daughter out for grilling and s'mores over the fire. Yum. We had a lot of fun.

Except Jennifer, who not long before our friends got here, while feeding animals, blew her ankle into the size of a grapefruit :(
She came down on it totally wrong and hobbled up to the house to inspect the damage. It swelled up right quick. She took some Motrin, we wrapped and iced and she enjoyed a less-than-comfortable night on the couch, propped up.

Same thing today. Propped, wrapped and iced. She has a grade 2 or 3 severe sprain from what we have determined. We have an air-support brace and Miss Hobble gets some crutches. She'll be hobbled for a good 6 weeks, with some fun ankle rehab planned.

We shouldn't have a problem with finishing the last of the school work...she's a captive audience :)

4 comments:

mrshester said...

Poor Jennifer!! I remember spraining my ankle in the 4th grade...boy was that miserable! I can see all your posts except for the one about "Fellowship and Thank-You's"

Have a great week!

Naturally Blessed Mama said...

I See You! LOl, so sorry to hear about the ankle, I did the same thing to my ankle when I was pregnant with my 3rd baby, no fun. Tell her to take advantage of the oppurtunity to rest and relax. Have fun getting your school stuff finished!

Sara

Anonymous said...

I am having no trouble seeing your posts :)

Hope Jennifer gets better soon, and hehe on her being a captive audience!

Dana said...

I don't see the post on dessert, fellowship, etc, I do see the one on marshmellow fluff and the one for the test.

Not sure why, but its ok.

Sorry your daughter injured herself!!

Hope she heals quickly!!
Dana

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive