Thursday, May 6, 2010

Whew, tiring day

We've mowed. We've weed-eated (weed-ate? did some weed-eating?). Only a little bit of the mountain of laundry, but there's tomorrow.

Johanna scrubbed/mopped all the floors and made dinner while Matthew, Jennifer and I were outside.

We re-stacked the cinder blocks, moved the 20ft trailer sides, and put together and loaded up 3 more raised beds. Hope to get to planting them tomorrow as well.

Our friends at the feed store talked us into filling a few water jugs there. Good water. They pay for their community water and while I'm sure they didn't mind, I can't see adding to someone else's water bill. We'll get the daily water plan worked out here soon enough.
I thought I'd work on some crocheting tonight, but I don't think my mind is in the mood to follow even a simple washcloth tonight. The youngers were playing light tag earlier and I could have fallen asleep watching them run around with the red, green and blue keytag laser lights.

It's been a long, hot day. We moved cinder blocks and the 20ft trailer sides so we could get the weeds around everything out front. We'll finish laundry, and mowing/weed eating tomorrow then we'll plant the raised beds. I need to get back to the farm market work and plans as well. I have plenty of bonnets, burps and bibs ready for sewing and I still need to make a plan for the baking to be done.

And I want to cut apart the blasted layered island in the kitchen. Yeah, it's the only countertop in the kitchen, I know...but I just don't like it and I want to cut off the goofy rounded curvy edge.

Maybe.

No comments:

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive