Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ugly Dishcloth

I love the pattern of the Tunisian Short Row...I think it would work up a really pretty circular baby blanket as well as this dishcloth...

But you'd give a baby nightmares with this odd selection of wild variegated!

I had small amounts of these left over from other dishcloth projects, so I used them. Hey -- it's kind of a theme...they're all variegated :o)

It's ugly, I freely admit it. But, it's still usable, despite it's look. And it was good practice for the pattern. I'll definitely work more of these. I think the Tunisian Stitch in general will be our standard 'house pattern' for dishcloths from now on.

4 comments:

Pamela Cassada said...

I like it! I think it is great for the kitchen with all the "scrapes" being used. I guess I will try this pattern also. Thanks for posting this picture too.
God bless, and keep up the great work!
Pam

Naturally Blessed Mama said...

I love it! That is so cool looking! So I got a question for you, would you mind sharing, either here or email, what all you are selling for the farmer's market, and any prices you may have settled on. I'm trying to put some things together to sell this summer, but don't really know what one should really sell at a FM besides produce, kwim? Anyways, thanks, I'm loving all the pretty dishclothes!

Anonymous said...

Years ago I had a pattern in this shape to make an afghan...lost it. Do you have a link for this one? I agree it's not the prettiest, but the pattern and shape make up for that!! :) And it's a great way to use up what you have left over.

Becky said...

Deanna - I love the look of this dishcloth .... could you possibly share the pattern (or the link where you found it)?

Thanks so much. ˚Ü˚

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive