Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tunisian Dishcloth Group

Someone asked me how I'm doing the dishcloths...sorry I don't remember who; I deleted the batch of emails :o(

I'm using an I size afghan hook, working 30 stitches across by 26 or more rows in length, then I do 3 rows of plain single crochet around for a border. These are made from Peaches & Cream worsted weight cotton so far. Nothing fancy, though I'd like to do some in that really yummy Baby Bee 50% acrylic/50% cotton.

These are the Tunisian Stitch cloths I've worked up so far -- except than wonky liitle wild one, which is already in the kitchen :o). I haven't steamed them to 'block' them yet so they are still a bit on the curly side, but that's ok.

They are working up really fast. I found a really pretty Tunisian Entrlac pattern that I might try out eventually. Not sure where my link is now, but the blogger claims it worked much easier using tunisian stitch than with her regular knitting.

All I need to work out now is a nice baby bootie using the tunisian stitch...anyone know of one?

3 comments:

Beautifully Veiled said...

I am a closet dishcloth crocheter. So I'm REALLY enjoying seeing your dishcloths. The way the pattern comes out in those is amazing. I love them!!!
Blessings,
Linda

Dixie Trish said...

They look gorgeous! Hope you sell all of 'em.

craftycountrymomma said...

I love the dish clothes, I myself can`t Knitt with Needles thats why I took up Loom Knitting because it`s the same thing. I love your Blog, keep up the good work.

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive