Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oh the scams folks will try...

This came in my email. Of course it's a scam designed to get my information and money, but it cracks me up to what extent folks will go to make a buck at someone else's expense.

The great conversational English grammar is a hoot, too.

Do I even need to remind you that responding in ANY way to such an email is NOT something you want to do?
Do NOT ever reply back -- some of those programs are designed to collect your information that way.
Do NOT click on any internal links or call any phone numbers thinking you might 'opt out' of some junk/spam mail, or get your name off their calling/emailing list. They are phishing to see who will bite folks.
And above all KNOW it's a scam and don't EVER make arrangements to transfer money or send money orders, bank drafts, etc to anyone...PERIOD.

Look at how benign this seems...aside from that fractured English...being from a supposed Reverend, a minister of God's Church. That's how they work. Kind of like the little old granny running the still in the basement selling bootleg whiskey and rock gut during Prohibition. Who suspects?

I ignore every single email, and phone call, that comes to me blocked, hidden, Private, and unrequested by me. I get tons of emails about changes to my bank account, from several banks, each sending very specific coding, even 'local' phone numbers for Customer Service -- which will actually jump you to some scam man/woman in India somewhere. Some are all decked out with all the proper logo's, banners and even proper names. Bunko artists the whole lot of them. Just out to separate a fool from his money.

LOL...joke's on them I guess because we're broke and without income :o) Either way, here's a portion of the email...have a chuckle on me :o)

::::Hello:,

I am Mr. Frank David I have been waiting for you since to contact me for your
Confirmable Bank Draft of 800.000.00 Pounds, but I did not hear from you
since that time. Then I went and deposited the Draft with FedEx Delivery,
United Kingdom, I traveled out of the country for a 4 Months Course and I
will not come back till end of August. What you have to do now is to contact
the FedEx Delivery as soon as possible to know when they will deliver your
package to you because of the expiring date. For your information, I have
paid for the delivery charges, Insurance premium and Clearance Certificate
Fee of the Cheque showing that it is not drug money or meant to sponsor
terrorist attack in your Country. The only money you will send to the FedEx
Delivery courier to deliver your Draft direct to your postal Address in your
country is (295.00 Pounds) only being Security Keeping Fee of the Delivery
Company so far. Again, don't be deceived by anybody to pay any other money
except 295.00 Pounds. I would have paid that but they did not allow me to do,
because they said they don't know when you will contact them and in case of
demurrage, but now I am on a course in which they will not be able to contact
me for the payment. You have to contact the FedEx Delivery service now for
the delivery of your Draft with this information below;:::

2 comments:

Beautifully Veiled said...

Yeah, then there is the christian widow of the billionaire muslim living in Nigeria waiting for you to help her get her funds released from Saudi Arabia....Can't decide which I think is funnier, their English or their stories!!
Blessings,
Linda

Unknown said...

That's it.
Hey, I promise, just as soon as Dewey makes those millions overseas, I will get a random email router set up and just choose people at will to see if they will help me convert the funds over to whatever currency the US is honoring.

No, wait...duh! I have a blog with supposedly 160 "friends" that can offer assistance :o) I will just post a note here on the blog and ya'll can send money to me to launder...er, convert...

Deanna

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive