Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ugh...insurance again

Honestly, I just don't see how folks stay in business doing things the way they do.  There aren't any moral codes or even a code of ethics these days.  Wrong is out the window, I guess.

We're going to battle tooth and nail....yet again... for the last little scrap of food from the short term disability.

We got a whole $150 this week.

They want updates.  updates.  I have no updates.  There are no updates to be given.  And, go figure, I can't even bribe someone for an update because I only got $150 this week.  Hardly bribe-worthy with the greedy folks out there these days.

They requested an update prior to the doctor appointment.  Hello dingbat, my name is joe insurance man.  They argued over the last update they wanted because...hello again... there wasn't a doctor visit to give them anything NEW that they already didn't have on their paperwork.  I'm tired, really I am, of repeating myself to umpteen dozen no-brainers on the phone explaining that there ARE NO UPDATES.

Truly, they seem to be missing the comprehension portion of the whole phone conversation!

Yes, ma'am...I understand you need to update your records and that is how disability works.


No, ma'am, we have not had a doctor visit as of yet (this was all last week...we saw the doctor Wednesday...and I told them that).


The doctor's office will simply not update our medical records until they have actually seen my husband.  I don't understand it either, ma'am, it's just their policy. 


The haven't received the transcriptions from the Wednesday visit.  But we just left the doctor's office and I have the paperwork that says he's not off work, he's still fully disabled and unable to work.  Can I fax that in for you?  No?  Oh, yeah, it's just  note for work or school.  It isn't the official insurance paper.  I see.


No, ma'am...they won't have the transcriptions back for another week. Then I can get your form filled out with an update...yes, ma'am, he's still off work.  yes, ma'am, he will still be off work when I get those transcriptions back.


Sorry...he's a busy doctor and I'm a nobody it seems.  I've begged, I've pleaded, I've cried at the receptionist's desk...they simply won't push our update through ahead of the other poor schmucks being shafted by the insurance red tape....could we just go with the release for work date of April 19th, and assume that he really isn't going back to work until then, and give me the last remaining 9 days of the short-term benefits?  I have starving children living in a darkened house without water service because I can't pay my bill, and I won't be able to call you to even tell you when things are actually updated because my phone will be cut off.  We'll be left alone, out in the rural nothingness of the other side of beyond without a boat, a paddle or even enough water to put it in.

Yes, ma'am, thank you so for getting that 2 day check out.  I appreciate the pittance...er...benefit.

Oh, yes, ma'am, I'll contact you just as soon as I have those transcriptions back and the insurance form filled out.

And my quart of blood.  And the quarts of blood from each child.  And the gold tooth from my aunty May and Uncle Fred.  And the DNA results from my livestock.

SHEESH!  I just want the LAST CHECK.  I'm not asking for much, really.  I'm asking for a lousy little ol' $540 plus a couple of days...maybe a whopping $800, I don't know.  It's not the end of the world.  I mean, if they didn't want to pay out on insurance claims, maybe they shouldn't offer the blasted services in the first place.  GRRRRRRRR.

Ok.  Rant over.  I just needed to slam my head against something and well, ya'll get to be my brick wall.  That's why you visit, right?  To offer a wall for my head-pounding?  I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the idiot parade I've been dealing with lately with this.  It's a never-ending cycle.  They are worse than Pod People over there.  I need a new planet, I guess.

If Texas pulls out of the Union here, do I still have time to relocate there???  Maybe there's a shuttle to the Moon I can get on.

2 comments:

Dixie Trish said...

Hello,
I have been following your blog for a little while now. This past week has been really hard for you and your family. I know as I have had it on my heart all this week to pray and pray for you all the way around the other side of the world. I am sure every sister who reads this page is with you guys some way or another.
I am sorry that you are experiencing such difficult hardship and those insurance companies sure need a good wake up call.
Be blessed dear sister, and know that our Heavenly Father, WILL come to your aid.
I am praying for you. I wanted you to KNOW that.
Love
Trish Mason
Australia.
PS>
Please don't publish this. I tried to email you, but for some reason it didn't work. So I thought I would put it on here and request that you didn't publish it.
Cheers, Trish.

Anonymous said...

Oh darlin I do feel for you! I went through the same thing for over 2 yrs with workman's comp. Still dealing with my own insurance company and the fact that they can't realize that it is now their responsibility to cover me medically.

Praying it all works out.

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive