These are some we've made a few times for special occasions. They are delicious plain, but I like to add a touch of peppermint extract to them for the holidays!
2 ½ pks (20 sq,) Bakers Semi Sweet chocolate
1 pkg softened cream cheese
Sprinkles or crushed nuts for topping
Melt 8 sq. chocolate. Beat cream cheese on medium until creamy. Add in melted chocolate and mix well (** see note on flavoring below). Cover and chill 1 hour until firm.
Cover baking sheet with waxed paper. Shape chocolate/cheese mix into 36 balls using 2 tsp. of mix. Place single layer on sheet.
Melt remaining chocolate sqs. Dip each truffle in chocolate to coat, top with sprinkles of choice, place on baking sheet. Chill until firm. Keep covered in refrigerator.
**can add 1-2 tsps extract, such as almond, peppermint, cherry, etc. if desired.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.
Blogs I Love to Visit...
- 5 Acres & A Drean
- A Pondering Heart
- Ask Jackie @ Backwoods Home
- Bateman Homestead
- Bible Version Comparison Chart
- Busy B Homemaker
- Caffeinated Homestead
- Choosing Voluntary Simplicity
- Down To Earth Blog
- Fruit of Her Hands blog
- Granny Miller blog
- Growing up Herbal
- Half a Hundred Acre Wood blog
- He Sows, She Sews
- He Sows, She Sews
- Herbal Academy of New England Blog
- Homestead Honey blog
- It All Matters Mom blog
- Just Plain Marie
- My Journey to Separation
- Nourishing Days blog
- One and a Half Acre Homestead
- Outside the Box Homeschool blog
- Ozark Mountain Family Homestead
- Reflections from Drywood Creek
- Sabbath Mood Homeschool
- Small Farm Girl
- Simple Green Frugal Coop
- Snowfall Academy blog
- Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth
- Sufficient Graze Farm blog
- The Caffeinated Homestead
- The Crunchy Chicken
- The Nerdy Farmwife
- The Prudent Homemaker
- The Unplugged Family
- The Wild Garden
- This Life I live
- Vaccination Information website
- Vintage Remedies DIY & Articles
- Wellness Mama
- Wood Cookstove Cooking blog