Dogs going berserk. Great Pyrs practically climbing their fences in the pasture area. Guard dogs trying their best to stretch their heavy tie-out chains.
And for what?
A neighbor has decided that we have free range property here. They, along with some cronies, paraded their horses through all 20 acres of our property, back to front.
Now, I'd like to say that as we butt up against a great deal of rural mountain boonie-land here (literally a good 1000 acres to the west and south into the mountains here) that perhaps they just got wrapped up in enjoying the autumn day ride and didn't pay attention to where they were.
But, no. This is a neighbor who has lived here his life and then some. His children know these rural 'hollers' and climbs better than the trees do.
I'm sorry, but it's just flat out gutsy to come prancing through someone's pasture and yard without a welcome.
Stupid too with hunting season open. It may be bow season, but we're far more skilled with bow than with rifles here.
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.
Blogs I Love to Visit...
- 5 Acres & A Drean
- A Pondering Heart
- Ask Jackie @ Backwoods Home
- Bateman Homestead
- Bible Version Comparison Chart
- Busy B Homemaker
- Caffeinated Homestead
- Choosing Voluntary Simplicity
- Down To Earth Blog
- Fruit of Her Hands blog
- Granny Miller blog
- Growing up Herbal
- Half a Hundred Acre Wood blog
- He Sows, She Sews
- He Sows, She Sews
- Herbal Academy of New England Blog
- Homestead Honey blog
- It All Matters Mom blog
- Just Plain Marie
- My Journey to Separation
- Nourishing Days blog
- One and a Half Acre Homestead
- Outside the Box Homeschool blog
- Ozark Mountain Family Homestead
- Reflections from Drywood Creek
- Sabbath Mood Homeschool
- Small Farm Girl
- Simple Green Frugal Coop
- Snowfall Academy blog
- Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth
- Sufficient Graze Farm blog
- The Caffeinated Homestead
- The Crunchy Chicken
- The Nerdy Farmwife
- The Prudent Homemaker
- The Unplugged Family
- The Wild Garden
- This Life I live
- Vaccination Information website
- Vintage Remedies DIY & Articles
- Wellness Mama
- Wood Cookstove Cooking blog