Monday, October 5, 2009

What did I miss?

I don't watch the news and honestly, the radio isn't even on but maybe in the car on town day. And lately, I haven't even been on the computer for Yahoo or anything else to jump in my face with the "news" of the day.

It's mostly depressing, hapless kind of stuff anyway.

But...the few non-prep, don't care about pantry's or homesteading groups I see mail from here and there, being totally fed by the government spoon, have been excited about the turning of the economy, albeit slow they admit.

So, I'm wondering what I missed?
*Have we really, nuts and bolts, had some upswing financially in this country?
*Have housing markets started picking back up in those depressed areas?
*Have unemployment rates dropped -- and not just because so many families have dropped off the other end of benefit availability?

There are still banks folding up their sidewalks, folks. That doesn't speak of upturned 'recession' depression, economic whatever to me. Sounds like a still-continuing corkscrew to me.

My economics haven't changed, but I expect them to soon enough. Jobs don't have any veils of security anymore. That's just not life anymore. If we are destined to repeat bits of history over in order to grow more wise, then I'd say we are still being told to learn something about being self-sustaining and resourceful. About not putting all your eggs in one basket kinds of wisdom. About remembering the government isn't some saving grace in your life...CHRIST IS.

But, what do I know. I'm just a rural momma minding my own business, trying toteach my children how to use the shovel to dig holes and get work done...instead of spending money they don't have to discuss methods of hole-digging, and mapping out to the 'enth' degree how they might accomplish this without getting their hands dirty.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I rarely watch the news, because like you said, its mostly depressing. Never anything positive featured on the news. On the rare occasion I see or hear a news segment, it's like they can't decide what is going on with the economy. One time you hear how horrible it is, the next is they "think" it's on the upswing. It makes me laugh. "They" need to join the real world and only then would they realize it's no where near what it used to be. The jobs aren't going to reappear overnight, are they? They are in lala land if you ask me! It's all a big cover up because the govt. thinks we are all too dumb to realize what is REALLY going on. Well, some of us don't have our heads in the sand! Ok, I won't get on my soapbox here!

FRUGAL DAYCARE MOM said...

My way of life sure hasn't changed. Beloved is still unemployed and looking for work. I don't trust much of the fertilizer the government is trying to feed us right now.

MyBulletinBoard said...

Oh, I think some folks have missed some things, but you aren't the one doing the missing!!!

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive