Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Am I the only person...

...who doesn't know about the truly vast array of kitchen gadgets out there?

Did you know there are electric (electric??) pressure cookers? I had no idea. I could be cooking beans in no time. I'm so out of the loops.

Anyway, Everyday Food Storage shared a recipe today for the yummiest sounding brownies, I had to tuck it away as a keeper. And exchanging white bean puree for oil in the recipe...I'm living under a rock I guess.

See? I hardly know everything, folks. I'm just a plain and simple person.

Enjoy!

:::I got this recipe from a gal in my ward who is a FABULOUS cook. One of those ladies you know if it has their name on it that it will be delicious. Well she made this last year for a "Recipe Swap" and I've been waiting for a YEAR to share this with you. When I made it this year, I realized…hey….I could use beans in this AND whole wheat flour (not to mention powdered eggs!). And it was DELICIOUS. It turns it into some sort of food storage super dessert!
The original recipe calls for cream cheese frosting but I topped it with a whipped topping with cinnamon and 1 t. vanilla. Yummmm…..the most delicious whipped topping you'll EVER eat!

Harvest Pumpkin Brownies

1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
4 eggs (1/4 C. dry egg powder + 1/2 C. water)
3/4 C. vegetable oil (or 3/4 C. white bean puree)
2 t. vanilla
2 C. whole wheat flour
2 C. sugar
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
2 t. ground cinnamon
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Mix wet ingredients (including the water needed for your powdered eggs but not the dry egg powder…remember you DON'T need to mix these before adding to your recipes)
Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
Pour into 9×13 pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Allow to cool and frost with cream cheese frosting or dollup cinnamon whipped topping.

1 comment:

FRUGAL DAYCARE MOM said...

I actually had an electric pressure cooker, but it broke. I really prefer the stove ones now. Nothing like getting all your food together in the pot to find it doesn't work. I do love my pressure cooker though. It does make cooking beans fast and is great when you forget to pull dinner from the freezer and can just put your meat in frozen.

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive