Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Well now...

I totally loused up the budgeting this week and we'll be eating totally out of pantry stores for a while.

I'm still not sure what exactly I mis-figured or where I just plain goofed, but I'm also beat-down tired today from being hither and yon around creation and back home again. I'll go over it all again tomorrow with a fresh(er) view.

I need to get online long enough to pop some recipes onto the kitchen blog here, too. And print off a couple patterns and some school goodies. We have State studies growing dust here. We've been making 'collages' with each state. We had fun making the lapbooks with our Nim's Island study, so we carried it over to the Trail Guide to the United States work.

And I need to find Stephanie's (good grief, I 'think' it was her...) page again with all the great New Hampshire information.

I'm almost finished with a christmas gift I've been working on. I fizzled out on the crocheted block sampler that Sara sparked up, but what momentum I lost there I discovered with a totally different project. And since my mother reads my blog every so often, that's all I'm saying :o)

Then there are 3 other gift goodies I want to start...some simple crocheted vests for the middle girls. I'll share the pattern when I get online.

I have buttons to put on the pants order, the it's the momma's dress and then their 6 shirts...all to be done, Lord Willing, by Wednesday next!! The shirts don't take much time -- it's the buttons that drag my feet with it all.

I read some really good posts today, collected by The Handmaiden's blog, about DE, or dimatecous earth (yeah, probably trashed that spelling...I'm over tired folks...). Very informative -- although one sharing about human use/cleansing was a bit more detailed than I suppose I needed -- all in all, I certainly learned a lot. Great information. I definitely need DE for daily regular use here on the homestead.

And I need to shut off the cell phone here and come back when I can LINK all the goodies I've been reading so everyone can go read them themselves.

The children put in The Homecoming (the Walton's original pilot movie). Now I'm feeling wintry again. I need to move back North and get a good solid winter under my feet again. I'm weird, I know. Trust me, you all are not the first -- nor the last -- to say it. I miss winters. I miss cold and snow. I'd gladly trade homesteads with even the most northern folks. Summer is good, and needed, but there's something to be said for a good bone-chilling, kill off the critter bugs, snow-bound winter, too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are a busy woman!
i love the cold winters too so don't feel alone!

MyBulletinBoard said...

Deanna, get some rest. Just leave something undone. If you don't, you'll get old faster.

MyBulletinBoard said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow, my head is spinning, just reading your post and all that is on your "to do list".

Let me help you with the link for NH:

http://livinglifeonhisterms.blogspot.com/2009/09/new-hampshire-info.html

There, you can check that one off your list, and please breathe a bit :) It does a body good lol.

If you want, I can send you our northern temps as of late...23 this morning! No snow yet, although northern NH got some a day or so ago. But I suspect we will be having early snow this year. Ughhh, need to get the kiddos muscles built up for shoveling again lol.

Have a blessed day, and take it one task at a time :)

Paula said...

I totally understand! I love winter (doesn't hurt that it kills off all my outdoor allergies). I couldn't imagine living somewhere without winter. I was lucky, God gave me a husband who has even better winters than I had before :) "The Homecoming", that is in my top 2 Christmas movies, though I will watch it nearly anytime of the year.

Hope you got some rest last night.

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive