2 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/3 c. vegetable shortening
3/4 c. milk
Knead gently on a floured board for 20 seconds.
Roll out 1/4 inch thick. Spread with filling, roll up and seal edges.
Filling: Brown 1 pound lean ground beef.
Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Remove from heat.
Add 2/3 cup grated cheese, 1/4 cup ketchup
and 1 tablespoon chopped onion.
Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
And Oatmeal Brownies for dessert :o). I'm doubling this for a 9x13 pan though!
• 1/2 cup rolled oats
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 cup boiling water
• 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract • 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 4 tablespoons cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8x8 inch pan. 2. In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats and butter. Mix in boiling water. Set aside to cool.
3. Beat together the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla; add to cooled oat mixture and mix well.
4. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa. Add to wet ingredients and mix well. Spread into the prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool, and remove pan.
*Can replace butter with applesauce, and add 1tsp cinnamon
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.
Blogs I Love to Visit...
- 5 Acres & A Drean
- A Pondering Heart
- Ask Jackie @ Backwoods Home
- Bateman Homestead
- Bible Version Comparison Chart
- Busy B Homemaker
- Caffeinated Homestead
- Choosing Voluntary Simplicity
- Down To Earth Blog
- Fruit of Her Hands blog
- Granny Miller blog
- Growing up Herbal
- Half a Hundred Acre Wood blog
- He Sows, She Sews
- He Sows, She Sews
- Herbal Academy of New England Blog
- Homestead Honey blog
- It All Matters Mom blog
- Just Plain Marie
- My Journey to Separation
- Nourishing Days blog
- One and a Half Acre Homestead
- Outside the Box Homeschool blog
- Ozark Mountain Family Homestead
- Reflections from Drywood Creek
- Sabbath Mood Homeschool
- Small Farm Girl
- Simple Green Frugal Coop
- Snowfall Academy blog
- Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth
- Sufficient Graze Farm blog
- The Caffeinated Homestead
- The Crunchy Chicken
- The Nerdy Farmwife
- The Prudent Homemaker
- The Unplugged Family
- The Wild Garden
- This Life I live
- Vaccination Information website
- Vintage Remedies DIY & Articles
- Wellness Mama
- Wood Cookstove Cooking blog