Monday, May 18, 2009

The Dating Game

http://www.generationcedar.com

I could post some myself on this topic, but Generation Cedar has done well beyond a wonderful job already. If you still haven't visited there, stop what you are doing here and GO!

You'll have to go over and read anyway -- it's just getting started :o)


::: I blog about this topic for ONE reason:
  because I ache over the flippancy believers have toward preparing their children for marriage. 
I think we have embraced a system that is not of God, and worse,  defend it to those who would dare question it. 
I think it's one of Satan's biggest knee-slappers,  and I think the modern system of dating  has a lot to do with why our marriages are failing. 
I want Christians to think from a biblical as well as logical perspective in the hopes of saving their children from unnecessary tragedy–
PURE CONCERN.  That's why I write it. And I'm going to start with two specific questions, spurred by an article a friend sent me (I'll post it later) to challenge your thinking…I would love for you  to answer as honestly and simply as you can:
"Do you expect your children to kiss anyone before marriage?"
"What is kissing for?"::::

Well? Get on over there and answer the questions. Don't just flip out an answer -- be honest and put some thought into it.



Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

2 comments:

Momzoo said...

Interesting questions...I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Jamie Stroupe said...

My husband and I believe in betrothal, we believe that our children will not even hold hands with their soon to be spouse while even courting. When to young ones are on their way to the marriage we want them PURE. We want our children first touch to be there right at the alter giving them selves over to the Lord as 1 flesh. That first kiss, at the alter in front of the Lord as they are becoming 1 flesh.

Jamie

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive