Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Sick Homestead

It's official here...we are sick.

Not all of us, Thank The Lord for sure, but what started as allergies with me has settled down good and tight into my chest mostly.
I certainly appreciate my head being clear considering how totally stuffed I was just a couple days ago, but oh my does my chest just ache now.
I'm barely getting any sleep, my chest feels as though I was carrying a 200# weight on it. It's a cough-fest just waiting to happen all day and night.
I will probably have to break down and visit the doctor tomorrow. I can't breathe without going into coughing fits. I can tell my BP is up while coughing--I just about pass out during the fits as I simply cannot get my breath caught.

And life just doesn't move on around here when Momma is sick :o( Johanna is trying to help but she just doesn't have the 'command' of the household and siblings that Jennifer has. I'll have time to be sick next week -- Jennifer comes home Thursday.

I would certainly covet any prayers, as well as thoughts on what I might try. I have a ton of 'band aid cures' from the pharmacy and they are useless, of course. The Claritin knocked out the stuffed sinuses, but now what? I can see this easily progressing into pneumonia if it keeps up.

I'm not a good sick patient.
Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

3 comments:

Rita said...

I use a hot pack for comfort on my chest and a vaporizer to help me breathe deeper without coughing as much. Sure hope it helps you too.

Tiffany said...

You poor thing!
My hubby had bronchitis a few weeks ago and we ended up needing to use conventional meds. Lots of Vicks Vap-o Rub for the chest and Thera-flu for chest congestion. After looking at every single product I found that one had the most expectorant out of all of them, even the much higher priced Mucinex!
Hope you get to feeling better soon...

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

Prayers coming your way. I hope you feel better. Take care of yourself.

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive