Thursday, February 19, 2009

Anti-tree hugging, anti-establishment rant :o)

Ok, just to break up the discussion on vaccinations and religion here....

I hate banks. I really should just widen that to include any and all banking institutions and all they reach out for.

No, I'm not talking about the recent bail-out junk, although I do think it's wrong for those mega-corps to take government handouts and still take possession of their fancy custom jets (even if they were ordered several years back) and those who really reaped a harvest and a half with the home loan scams and bail-outs having their annual hoopla....er, business convention....there in lovely Vegas. Gosh, I can't wait to watch my taxes jump a bit more...maybe they want to take a world cruise this year to gather their thoughts and revamp for the coming year, spending all that bail out money.

Ahh, yes, I digress. I usually do, don't I? Well, then, back to banks.

There's no paycheck in the bank this morning. None. Nadda. Not a single penny even pending in my account.

Someone forgot to enter some information I suppose. Someone took a day off somewhere and poof, transactions just quit, apparently.

I don't know what's going on. I just know there's nothing in the bank. I'm hoping it's not too far-fetched to add "yet" to that statement, but I honestly don't know what's going on.

No one with Dewey's company got paid this week. Not the workers, not the foremen, not the superintendent (that would be us...) and not even some suppliers and deliveries. Something didn't go the way it was supposed to and things just didn't post anywhere.

I hate banks. A paper paycheck would have been here. But, no, too many folks are jumping on that green wagon these days and paper is a big politically incorrect no-no. You are better off to have paychecks and all other possible transactions done hands-off. Electronic deposits are the thing now.

Great. I'm green. I'm saving a tree. I'm adding to the quality of life for countless woodland critters. I've just saved a tiny piece of our ozone by saving that tree that would have made my paper paycheck. Whoopie.

Of course, you could also say that I just took a handful of jobs from Americans out there, too. The mailman doesn't have to deliver my paycheck...the postal service doesn't get any revenue from transporting my paper check either, no stamps, no envelopes, etc. Someone in somebody's payroll department isn't printing off my check...they get an extra coffee break today.

Kermit the Frog was right....

it's not easy being green.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Could your paycheck have been delayed a day since the banks were closed Monday due to Presidents Day?
... it's frustrating, but it's happened to us when there's a holiday like that.

You're not alone, I hate banks too. I like having CASH. If only debit cards weren't so stinking handy!

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive