Monday, November 10, 2008

Turkeys, Turkeys, Everywhere....

...along my dining room table, that is.

If I can find the camera, I'll have a picture, but either way, my table is covered in colored paper turkeys, leaves and assorted tail feathers :o)

This weekend, the children of County Line Baptist Church here in the Dry Creek community, will be visiting with the elderly at one of the nursing homes. Sort of an outreach mission for them. It was mainly for the handful of teens (literally a handful as we have only 7), but if I am to go along, then all of my children will be going so it's turned into a youth outreach now.

We are crafting Thanksgiving cards to give out, with Psalm 100, 150 and whatever other verses I find that spark my thankful spirit.

Do you have a favorite verse of thanksgiving to share with us?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE nursing home ministry. Absolutely love it. When my oldest pair of boys were young, we went every Sat at 2pm. I made them come. They hated it. But we made them come, shake every hand, stop and talk to every person in every room. Our pastor had Sat service at the nursing home every week, and my kids attended from the oldest pair to the youngest babe.
Years later, as our homeschool group went to the nursing home for caroling the difference between my children and the others was amazing. My children knew how to greet the elderly and knew they had to stop and speak to each one.
I always took my Sunday School class to carol and later the youth group. The kids always hated it. But it builds character. I wish every parent would do this for their children. They need to learn to treat very elderly people, very sick or even "gross" people with respect and honor. I applaud your efforts to teach all these kids to honor their elders.

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive