Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Views from an icy, snowy farmstead…

early snow road home

Early on, as the snow first started coming down, I thought it was beautiful…

our road snow 4 our road snow 3

a few hours later, I knew it was beautiful.

early snow woods 2

There’s a peace in the snowy woods you just can’t avoid. It’s all-encompassing…

 icy roadside

For the Deep South, as with anywhere, ice-covered roads are dangerous, but they hold a beauty you just don’t get anywhere else.

icy fenceline

You don’t need to look far to see the beauty that only God’s Hand can create.

ice road cover

As the sun hits the ice covered grasses and trees, there is a sparkling glow cast over the countryside, like diamonds scattered about.

snowy barn

snowy hay

snowy back pasture

The peace and tranquility of snow here in the Deep South is fleeting, but my soul craves it and I cherish every moment of it I am gifted.

icy road home

The beauty of my own area, my own road, covered in ice isn’t something I can take for granted.

winter snow

Going home, quietly walking thru a wonderland of crisp, white, snow…sounds and smells are excited by the peacefulness surrounding me.

snowy creek

Stopping by the snowy creek to enjoy another blessed view…

early snow field 2

Quietly falling all around, spreading the peace of a brief season for us here…

snowy access road 3

This short time of winter we are given here in the South is welcomed by me, and I stay outside for long hours to soak up every bit of it I can before it’s gone and we are back to the mud that normally describes our winter season.

No comments:

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive