Here’s a bit of nostalgic blogging from my original blog…
Rules for Bringing UP a Child:
- Make home the brightest, most attractive place we can
- Make him/her responsible in the daily duties at home
- Never punish in anger, but only in love and for disobedience
- Do not laugh at their ideas. Encourage their imagination no matter where it leads.
- Encourage an open home, inviting their friends often to share in your home and table.
- Impress on his mind the fact that service and honesty are more important than making money and friends.
- Live CHRIST in front of them so you can talk CHRIST to them.
- Let them see your hunger for Gods Word, your enjoyment at reading Scripture and praying often.
- Set an example in a faithful church with your attendance and interest in the work of the church.
- Be much in prayer for their salvation and spiritual growth.
Rules for Bringing DOWN a Child:
- Let them have as much money as they wish, to spend as they choose.
- Permit them to choose their own friends without guidance or restraint.
- Let them spend Sundays sleeping late, playing games or watching TV, or with friends who have no regard as to the Lords Day.
- Allow them to come and go as they please, returning as late as they choose.
- Make no inquiry as to their friends, or where they spend their free time and money.
- Teach them to ignore personal responsibility, to pay others for work within the home and service to others.
- Allow them to think good manners are a good substitute for good morals.
- Do not trouble them with creating an interest in Scripture or winning them to Christ.
- Let them see you make excuses for missing church, winning others to Christ, Bible study.
- Never let them hear you pray. especially for their own salvation.