Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Year...and I'm behind my blog :-)


You didn't expect me to be ahead of myself here, did you? Where would the excitement of visiting me be of I were here all the time?? Really, I have plans...with keeping the blog more active...ans I will get them implemented. Promise.

So, what have we been up to since I was here last (November? Really? Wow, bad blogger. Bad, bad)
I will attempt photo collages to limit the photo bomb blog post. Of it works, I may share more in collage form so y'all can pick and choose what you want to see and aren't just forced to follow our eclectic escapades :-)
 Thanksgiving came, we ate, we conquered.

We have hiked, collected nature goodies, slid in the mud to amuse my progeny....

We made a million or more milk filter snowflakes to give ourselves a real winter...

And I've crocheted several pairs of thick and cozy very simple slipper booties for those chilly school days at the dining room table...

We had Christmas...I was struck down miserably with the flu right before Christmas. Miserable, miserable stuff. Good night I've never been so sick in my life. I missed 3 whole days of LIFE because I just slept...and slept....and slept...

New Year came, and went, with little real fanfare around the homestead. Just a turning of the calendar page and life as usual.  We lead an amazingly exciting life, I know. With everyone working a cycle of coughing, slight fevers, long sleepy times, and general blahness, we just huddled around the woodstove, waiting for it all to finish and disappear. Exciting stuff.

I did determine it was time to rework the homestead life binder.  I've got recipe binders, home keeping binders, homeschool binders, and more. I'm an office supplies addict.  Binders, colorful dividers, page protector sheets, post-it notes, highlighters...love, love, love.
But, truth is, they look pretty, they have lots of useful purpose, but they sit on the bookcase more than I use them on a regular basis. I am going to be wild and lump me back together...well,  to the recipes, they are in my main Pantry & Kitchen Binder, with my OAMC lists, master pantry list, etc.  The other binders...home keeping, homesteading, homeschooling...need to be integrated together. My life rolls together into one big chaotic jumble daily. Sure, it would be nice to have separate compartments for my everyday life, but everything is interwoven together...so why not my main daily binder as well?

So, that's where I'm at. Reworking the homestead. I'm making lists, general and detailed, I'm checking around blogs checking out other home keeping binder ideas, I'm rejuvenating my spirit for the new year and prayerfully, jump starting some ideas to get us back on track. We have drifted off the plan, the goal. Not good. Gotta nip that on the bud and get back to business. Life is full enough without me reinventing everything here, but I see brighter things ahead. Time to prune and shape and see what we create :-)














3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! I'm excited to see what you have up your sleeve :)

http://caffeinatedhomestead.weebly.com/blog.html

Unknown said...

Well, first off I guess the collage thing didn't quite work as planned, so I'll have to adjust that :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive