Friday, June 3, 2011

Entrelac Crochet

I am on a couple of crochet groupa via Yahoo and one of the topics that seems to come up is Tunisian Crochet.  From there, Entrelac pops up quite often.  I love the looks of it, but haven’t tackled it myself yet.  It doesn’t appear too difficult or anything, I just haven’t taken the time to really sit and give it a shot.

Well that, and I almost always have too many WIPs (Works in Progress…) on the hooks already.  I am a total UFO (Unfinished Objects) queen!

One day though, Entrlac and I will meet and I’m sure I’ll  be cranking out baby blankets, hot pads, lapghans and more using the many color variations that will highlight the stitch. 

The Art of Crochet…Entrelac Crochet Tutorial

Can’t you see this done in pastels for a baby blanket? Or bright primary shades for a child? Maybe a variety of colors for a sort of Grandmother’s Flower Garden effect? Or perhaps something more practical, like a serious stash-buster crazy blanket style?

The possibilities are endless! Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I have too many WIPs and UFOs so I haven't learned Entrelac yet. I have tried some Tunisian and really like it.
I just recently found your blog and so far am enjoying your posts :).

Anonymous said...

Oh this is fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive