Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sigh.....annoying....

Problem #157 with husband working away from home....

We believe we have a water pipe leak :( Nothing certain yet, it's just too dang frigid to get under the house tonight.

Jennifer noticed a rather annoying hissing water-running sound after her shower. It kept going, so Matthew went out to the main water junction at the driveway and turned off the water supply to the house tonight. And we bled out all the cold water lines. Bingo....noise stopped.

So, pipe break, pin leak...who knows. :::sigh::: We'll tackle that in the morning. Rather Jennifer will tackle that in the morning. Ain't no way I'm going under the house as claustrophobic as I am. Nope.

Ahhh, it's times like these that I know just how blessed I am to have a "Jill of all trades" for a daughter. Not many 18yo girls have a clue about plumbing.

Or fencing.

Or midwifery for dogs, goats, and in a couple months, cows.

Or lancing cysts on goats.

Of course, she'll probably chip a nail and go all girly on me tomorrow....

Her 'price' for playing Mario the Plumber tomorrow? She wants a color ink cartridge and laminating sheets. She has a stash of Cary Grant, Claudette Colbert and Marilyn Monroe movie stills she wants to print out.

Like I said, she'll probably go all girly on me...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it's an easy fix darlin! You are lucky with that girl of yours...mine will get dirty if need be, but she will whine the whole time lol

small farm girl said...

It would be worth her going all girly on you. Exspecially if she can do all of that.

Dana said...

I hope she won't go girly until you at least get your water fixed!!

I grew up a "jill of all trades" as well, and its very handy!!

My daddy insisted that I did the same things as the boys, I always thought he was partial to the boys and they were lazy which is why I end up having to do so much because they wouldn't but truth be told, I am 33yrs old now and I am glad he taught me how to change a tire, change my oil, flip the breakers,cut the grass, drive the tractor, cut and stack wood and and so on. Sometimes there just isn't a guy around when you need one, I married a pretty handy guy but even he has to go to work so when something goes wrong here,and I am alone I try to fix it myself.

Good for her for taking the initiative to learn EVERY aspect of home!!

Dana

Anonymous said...

Daughters who do so much can really touch our hearts.

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive