Stephanie shared this at Facebook and I love it! What a great tip. After making all those potholders and table pads, dishcloths and washcloths from cotton and the like, when I grabbed plain 'ol RedHeart for something else it was like stitching with baling twine! It just seemed so much more 'thick' and 'stiff' and anything but soft and comfortable! I can't wait to try this....I have a shawl on the hook now!
(...) :::So let me tell you (step by step) what I did to make my scratchy scarf buttery smooth.
Thanks to Leslie on Crochetbug for the Red Heart in vinegar tip!
1. Soak the scarf for 20 min in a cold vinegar solution. (Ratio of 1:64, vinegar to water should do.)
3. Hand wash in cold water with shampoo. Do not agitate.
4. Rinse twice
5. Gently massage in a generous amount of hair conditioner into each part until it is saturated.
6. Let sit 10 min.
7. Soak saturated scarf in cold water for at least an hour.
8. Rinse twice.
9. Gently get rid of excess water by lightly squeezing, and rolling in a towel.
10. Block garment by laying flat to dry.
I used cheap Suave shampoo and conditioner for this, and not only is my scarf like buttah, it also smells like apples. :::
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.
Blogs I Love to Visit...
- 5 Acres & A Drean
- A Pondering Heart
- Ask Jackie @ Backwoods Home
- Bateman Homestead
- Bible Version Comparison Chart
- Busy B Homemaker
- Caffeinated Homestead
- Choosing Voluntary Simplicity
- Down To Earth Blog
- Fruit of Her Hands blog
- Granny Miller blog
- Growing up Herbal
- Half a Hundred Acre Wood blog
- He Sows, She Sews
- He Sows, She Sews
- Herbal Academy of New England Blog
- Homestead Honey blog
- It All Matters Mom blog
- Just Plain Marie
- My Journey to Separation
- Nourishing Days blog
- One and a Half Acre Homestead
- Outside the Box Homeschool blog
- Ozark Mountain Family Homestead
- Reflections from Drywood Creek
- Sabbath Mood Homeschool
- Small Farm Girl
- Simple Green Frugal Coop
- Snowfall Academy blog
- Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth
- Sufficient Graze Farm blog
- The Caffeinated Homestead
- The Crunchy Chicken
- The Nerdy Farmwife
- The Prudent Homemaker
- The Unplugged Family
- The Wild Garden
- This Life I live
- Vaccination Information website
- Vintage Remedies DIY & Articles
- Wellness Mama
- Wood Cookstove Cooking blog