Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Friday July 2nd :)

Well, the menfolk are in, dinner's done, and they are cleaning out the grill and fins on the a/c unit...while the cat eyeballs the opening in the wall, pondering escape :o)

The farm market apparently opened this morning. They are back to Mon-Wed-Fri open dates this year, so we'll have plenty of options. We probably won't go start until a week from Monday, and see how it goes. I'm thinking Mondays and Fridays, otherwise we'll be baking every day. Might just aim for Fridays, I don't know. Wednesdays are out as we go get water.

Ok...what is your favorite go-to thingamabob for house cleaning duties? A Swiffer? A hand vac? Your homemade cleaner that smells like oranges? LOL...A maid service?

Mine? I gotta have my stiff hand brush. With little wild Chihuahua mixes in here and fans going 24/7, the minute they jump on the couch, I feel like I've developed a wolfman complex (although Hugh Jackman is cute and all, I'll pass, thank you...). My little hand brush does a lot of tasks around here:
Grabbing dust bunnies hiding among the bookcase legs...
Scrubbing dust (and perhaps those dog hairs, if they indeed do exist) from the furniture...
Cleaning the a/c intake filter weekly...
Wiping ceiling fans, mini blinds, window ledge crevices...

I use it for a lot of things. I had a hard time finding one I liked. The store carries plenty of them, but they are soft and just didn't work. The one I've had for a couple years now actually came from The Dollar Tree :o) They have everything, that little green store! I get a lot of church goodies, as well as schooling goodies there. Well, lots of housey things, too, like my little stiff-bristled hand brush.

Ok...now that I've shared my Martha Stewart moment, my week feels complete :)

See you Monday...or Maybe Tuesday...depends on if the Union here leaves Sunday or Monday :o)

Have a Happy and Safe Independence Day -- and thank a soldier for keeping the small handful of 'independence' we even have left in this crumbling country safe for a little while longer. Flags are at half-mast for Sen. Robert Byrd, a worthy thing I'm sure...but perhaps we should have lowered them in mourning for what's left of our dying Constitution. That Declaration of Independence is pretty much just a crusty piece of tattered, yellowed paper anymore.

No comments:

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive