Monday, June 7, 2010
Once-A-Month Cooking Family Favorites, by Mimi Wilson and Beth Lagerborg.
Already scanned through quick and I'm gonna love this book I think. Of course, right off the bat, I'll have to double or triple the recipes (most serve 6, some only 4, a few go up to 8).
Along with recipes, you get a section for each on "pantry list" with everything you'll use, as well as freezing supplies (bags or containers, aluminum pans, etc.). Then they give you a shopping list of everything needed for that selection of recipes. And finally, the Assembly Order list...how to process your goodies to prepare the bundles for the freezer.
There are menus shared a One-Month A and B, then 2 Two-Week cycles, Gluten-free 2 week cycle, a Summer 2 week cycle, and finally a Gourmet 2 week cycle.
I have another book on the same order coming as well. And maybe those 2 wayward books from 3 weeks ago will finally show up, too!
Shared in Love by Deanna Smith
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.
Blogs I Love to Visit...
- 5 Acres & A Drean
- A Pondering Heart
- Ask Jackie @ Backwoods Home
- Bateman Homestead
- Bible Version Comparison Chart
- Busy B Homemaker
- Caffeinated Homestead
- Choosing Voluntary Simplicity
- Down To Earth Blog
- Fruit of Her Hands blog
- Granny Miller blog
- Growing up Herbal
- Half a Hundred Acre Wood blog
- He Sows, She Sews
- He Sows, She Sews
- Herbal Academy of New England Blog
- Homestead Honey blog
- It All Matters Mom blog
- Just Plain Marie
- My Journey to Separation
- Nourishing Days blog
- One and a Half Acre Homestead
- Outside the Box Homeschool blog
- Ozark Mountain Family Homestead
- Reflections from Drywood Creek
- Sabbath Mood Homeschool
- Small Farm Girl
- Simple Green Frugal Coop
- Snowfall Academy blog
- Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth
- Sufficient Graze Farm blog
- The Caffeinated Homestead
- The Crunchy Chicken
- The Nerdy Farmwife
- The Prudent Homemaker
- The Unplugged Family
- The Wild Garden
- This Life I live
- Vaccination Information website
- Vintage Remedies DIY & Articles
- Wellness Mama
- Wood Cookstove Cooking blog