Tuesday, June 29, 2010

BlogShare: New Life On A Homestead » What If We Lost Our Freedom

Kendra shared an excellent bit last year on, well, History. Visit and read, checking the links at the end.
And yes...I agree with you. I'm just a nut living too removed from society, with a little too much time on my wandering brain thoughts.
Time will tell, folks, it always does. I pray that you are totally right and I am just thinking wild incoherent fantasies.
*Because very few people are even slightly prepared for the realities of what all this will do to their future.*

http://newlifeonahomestead.com/2009/10/what-if-we-lost-our-freedom/

Here's just a teaser....the actual historical events we can too easily parallel today:

1. Hitler created an "emergency" (the Reichstag terrorist crisis). He then persuaded President Hindenburg to issue a decree entitled, "For the Protection of the People and the State."
Supposedly, this decree was to protect the people from violent terrorist acts. In reality it stripped the people of their civil liberties (ie: freedom of speech, communication privacy (wiretapping), house searches, etc.)

Reminds you of 9/11 and the Patriot Act, huh?

2. Hitler took control of the auto industry and the financial industry.

Recent Bailouts ring a bell??

3. Hitler had a theory that the strong should survive and the weak should die.

Sadly, it's looking like our new Health Care Reforms will echo that philosophy.

Check out her links to articles about The Copenhagen Treaty, and do some of the "math" yourself.

Like she said -- ignorance is not bliss; ignorance is losing your freedoms.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not off the mark Mrs. Smith...I feel the exact same way. Kendra's post was spot on!

Rocky Mountain Homemaker said...

I love your blog. I'm so glad to have found you here on Blogger.

Kendra at New Life On A Homestead said...

Thank you so much for sharing my post. It's such a relief to know that I'm not the only one having these feelings. I hope more people are waking up and getting prepared.

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Hello Mrs. Dewy Smith,

I followed your blog a few years ago, but somehow it got lost. So glad to have found it (or is this a newer one?).
Regarding this post ... you and Mrs. Kendra are spot on. I often find myself sitting in shock as we watch our nation whole heartedly and eagerly step into communism.
Blessings,
Mrs.B

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive