Sunday, May 23, 2010

Goats and Heat...Information Links

Here are some links - found strolling around seeing if there were any other ideas. So far, seems like we did what we can/should aside from bringing them inside. Dewey's not here...who'd know????

As to most folks not having this trouble much, I agree and understand. The idea of heat stroke in my animals was never really something I had to deal with. Sure, we had some pretty harsh heat/humidity days up north, but they were very short-lived.

And we almost always had some breeze. Even if only a light one.

You might think it's not as bad, dead, still and miserable here as I say it is. You probably figure I'm just being overly sensitive. Or a drama queen. I wouldn't take offense to that at all. Been called worse and lived :o)

Spend a Mississippi summer day at my house. You'll be way over on my side of belief, trust me. Down the mountain just a half-mile, there's breezes, actual air-flowage. Up here, nadda. Zero. Zilch.

So, 70+% humidity and a heat index of 103....that's an oven. That's my house. And my barn. And my yard.

Use the information as you can in the links...for *all* your animals and pets.

http://www.squidoo.com/cafepress/goatlady_1

http://kinne.net/heatstrs.htm

http://goat-link.com/content/view/125/126/

No comments:

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive