Thursday, April 8, 2010

Is it reall Thursday already?

I lost a day this week somewhere.  And that's sad...we went to get water yesterday and I know that is only on Wednesdays, yet I totally got blind-sided by it being Thursday morning.  I'm too isolated out here I guess.

LOL...yeah...sure...when am I ever HOME anymore?  Doctor appointments, therapy appointments...there isn't a lot of staying home these days.  It's just that season I guess. 

Well now, speaking of water...yesterday there was note on the locked gate of the lake..."water day canceled."  Now I'm really hoping that they were doing something there and it was just THIS week it's closed, but I am wondering if they haven't simply said enough and stopped all together.  They used to be open to the public on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  Then they canceled Fridays and only opened to the outside the other 2 days.  Then it dropped down to only Wednesdays.  Too many folks don't treat the private lake and area with respect -- they leave their trash lying around while waiting for their turn at the spring, they toss their empty containers into the lake or the grass areas, they fish while they wait...I'm afraid the lake owners have simply decided that they have been generous enough allowing everyone to use the spring that feeds their lake, the spring head they plumbed up nicely, built a deck and area for and so on.

We ended up driving another hour and a half...on top of the half hour it already takes...to go out past Theo to the other spring outlet we know of.  There is one this way, about 45 mins over the mountain, but the water has a bit of an iron-y taste to it.  Too many minerals in the water.  It will do in a pinch, but I prefer the other water better.  But, perhaps our days of spring water are over.  Ugh.  I hate to think of drinking the stuff here.

ooopp...gotta run.  goats are in the car!

1 comment:

MyBulletinBoard said...

I sure hope something works out on your spring water. Do you think you might be able to work out a private deal with the owner? Buckets of water for loaves of bread, maybe???? ~Liz

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive