- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 24 Hershey’s® Kisses
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium until smooth. Add peanut butter. Beat until combined. Add brown sugar. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg yolk until combined. Add vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined.
- Using 1 level tablespoon dough for each cookie, form each into a ball. Toss in sugar to coat. Transfer to cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Continue with remaining dough. Make an indent in the center of each cookie with the base of a kiss.
- Bake 13 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place a kiss on each one. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
Dark brown sugar can be used in place of light brown sugar.
Cookies can be made through step 2 and stored in the refrigerator up to one week or in the freezer up to 6 months.
Tips & Tricks
For a more festive look, use sanding sugar (the large sugar crystals) to coat each cookie instead of granulated sugar.
About 18 cookies
Baking Time: 13 minutes per batch