Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Homemade Chicken Soup...

...is delicious. Even if I can't taste it much thanks to the stuffy head. It's thick, full of noodles, chicken, veggies, garlic and onion, among other seasonings.

And fresh bread as a side dish :o)

Oh -- no, these noodles were high gluten flour, not Prairie Gold. They brought out the wrong bucket and, well, I didn't pay attention until I was mixing.

And yes...the lard I use is the real deal. I buy from the meat market when I can and they have it available, but other times I keep a 5 gallon pail of lard in the pantry from the store. You can find that size around here, but most grocery stores have just the 1# blocks and "crisco" sized lard containers.

We use lard in everything...though I am starting to use coconut oil more often. It's hard to find here other than the small container at WalMart.

1 comment:

MyBulletinBoard said...

Bet you didn't have enough left to can up!

Hope you get to feeling better soon. ~Liz

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive