Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Any good pasta recipes to share?

I'm looking for a truly good, tried and true recipe for homemade whole wheat pasta.
I've tried simply exchanging whole wheat for durum or all purpose flour but it's just not quite right.

We're going to undertake some serious food adjustments here, ridding the dinner table of all processed whites is the start...brown rice instead of white, no white sugars (or at least extreme limited quantities) and the last remnants of white flours are out the door.

The staples I can think of off the top of my head - need recipes that are tried and true are for the homemade pasta we so enjoy and biscuits. Like I said, just swapping wheat for white doesn't produce a decent product :o(

Could be I'm missing something or just need a great recipe from some generous kindred spirit willing to share :o)

Any kindred spirits out there?

2 comments:

FRUGAL DAYCARE MOM said...

Most of the recipes I use for wheat require half white. Also for wheat breads I add some vital wheat gluten found in the baking aisle. It does help with rising and texture.

Paula said...

I agree with Scarlett. All the recipes I've seen need half and half white/wheat flour. Otherwise, you're going to end up with a colonial/medieval style bread -very dense and heavy and likely not too tasty.

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive