Friday, August 14, 2009

Fridays...

The end of the week I suppose by some standards. Never really seems like the end of anything around here, though.

Sewing...yard work...barn work...fencing...sewing...

Pretty much the same list as usual for here.

I was mowing yesterday and got around to the wood stack for winter. It's still pretty well stocked, but I'm trying to figure out how I got side-tracked and have not put anymore wood to it all year. I had it made -- we were ahead on wood needs. Now, looks like I'm actually getting behind :o( Grrr. laziness. This year's work is what feeds and heats us next year...or beyond, considering I don't use that much wood really given the climate here. Certainly not as much as we went through back north with long serious winter heating needs. I could probably get 2 seasons from what is in the wood stack right now, but that's not what I want. You just don't 'get wood as you need it' -- that isn't a good mindset. Heating and cooking with wood requires continual work. Guess it's all part of that idle hands saying.

Today I'm needing another trip to town :o( Things to gather for Dewey. I'm not at all looking forward to it -- it's nearing 10 am and I'm not out the door yet, that should tell you about my enthusiasm level. I do need to get moving, though. I don't like multiple trips out and about without good reason...and with the load I have here at home, I can't think of any really good reasons to be gone, but Dewey requested so off we go.

No comments:

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive