Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Prayer for the homestead requested...

I talked to a friend this afternnon, and truth be told, I should have acted on this already, but I really did need the thumbs up from Dewey first.

We are calling tomorrow morning about 2 more Nubians, and possibly the buck as well. All registered and great bloodlines, but just getting another milking pair would be a good thing for us, not to mention a buck to breed back to this year.

I have only one experience with a buck and I'm not totally convinced I want one living here, but it does make practical sense. Still...Oh. My. Goodness. Did that one buck *s-m-e-l-l* those 3 weeks he spent in our field! You could smell him coming down the road before he even got to our farm he stunk so bad! Eeewww.

Either way, if you would and we cross your mind tomorrow morning (Wednesday) please join us in prayer for everything to work out as it should according to The Lord's Plan. I'd love more goats and from a self-sufficient homestead point-of-view it would be perfect for us. And there is always barter potential down the road with the breeding and kidding. Not to mention all the delicious pantry items we can make from the abundance of milk!

Lord Willing...

2 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

I just got 2 nubians last week. I will breed one in fall. I am making goat milk soap. I traded lye for milk. next year I will have my own milk. I have heard such bad things about the smell of a buck and how that smell can make the milk taste off. Good luck

Trixi said...

Yes, we too had a male goat around for a while and the smell was unbearable. Which is why we no longer have goats. I hope to purchase a Jersey when honey gets back.
I will be praying that all goes well and that you just have a lightly stinky goat.LOL

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive