Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Changing things up a bit

Rainy and dreary outside, but look...pretty and pink here :o) Does it look alright from your viewpoint? Sometimes the alignment looks good on this side, but if I log in somewhere else, it's all weird. I tried to keep it light and cheery, easy to read, etc. I needed a change and I wanted some color...I'm tired of seeing mud around me.

We are cleaning and sorting and doing all those necessary things. Dad is coming in this weekend and he said he's got a bushel load of laundry and needs lots of hugs and kisses. Less than 3 weeks, going by the general contractors calendar on this job. He is working 7 days a week after this trip home.

Honestly, I think he's only coming home because it's Mother's Day. No, I don't expect anything, but he's tired and just burnt out on the job and being Mother's Day who's gonna fault his taking off and going home? LOL....I'm being used, I think.

I need to make the menu for the rest of the month. I've gotten very lazy in all of that with Dewey being gone. Not that meals aren't important, just that the planning of full, normal meals isn't such a big deal to a group of children who would live off pasta and rice if I let them. Time to start getting back into the routine again. They say it takes 21 days to build a habit. We'll see.

Everyone outside is still floating in mud, but the chicks have finally gotten themselves in a comfort zone with their new space. No more dead, flattened feathered blobs out there all day.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Deanna,

I'm glad to hear that Dewey is getting a weekend at home! Please tell him that I say 'Hi'

Mark Whitten

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive