Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Harnessing The Sun...

Dewey mentioned last night being interested in putting in some solar panels and seeing what we might be able to do with them here on the homestead.

I don't know anything of any use about solar panels...

...so I'm putting out the call here :o) What do you know about solar panels and their use, setting them up, what sort of power you might get from them, etc? Where do I start looking for information to get this going here?

I want to keep this idea on fire in Dewey's mind. It's another step to unplugging the grid's umbilical cord for sure. I want to gather everything I can for him to have at his fingertips to review and look at and ponder over for use here.

HELP!!!!!

7 comments:

Momzoo said...

I don't know anything about them either, excepting that one day I want some!

LOL

Keep us informed so I can copy you later!

Anonymous said...

I would start by doing a search at Backwoods Home Magazine and Mother Earth News. Both websites allow you to do a search for topics. Also, there are lots of videos about solar heating on YouTube. I'm glad to hear that your husband supports the idea of solar heating. It's on our "to do" list, too!

As Simply As We Can said...

I'm so glad you ask questions like this. Because generally, I have the exact same questions but you are usually several steps ahead of me in the process. So when you get some answers to questions, I do to!!

Anonymous said...

Well don't know anything about solar but we are thinking wind turban. We have our outside wood furance and love it..
Blessings Brend/haflinger

Trixi said...

Here is an amazing resource for going off grid very resonably. When we take the plunge, we will be using this as a guide.

http://www.alternativepowervideo.com/index.htm

Let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

We have purchased an ebook on earth4energy.com which details how to build solar panels and wind turbines from both new and used materials. There are several sites out there but this one had the highest rating. We have not had a chance to get very deep into it, so that's about all I can tell you. I'll try to keep you updated.

Good Luck,
Laurie

Unknown said...

THANK YOU everyone! I'll start digging for info :o)

Deanna

Jer.6:16

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Blog Archive